Saturday, October 4, 2008

River Valley Church Women's Retreat 2008

Jacinda, Jolinda, Andrea, and Stephanie
Jacinda, me, and Vicki
Nicole and me
The women who are part of our Life Group.
Friday night dinner




I left Friday afternoon for a much needed 24 hours away from home. Our church held their annual Women's Retreat up at Bass Lake. I'm so glad I went. For me, it was a time of relaxing, reconciliation, basking in God's love, and just being reminded that women are created to be in community with one another. I enjoyed getting to know quite a few new people and getting deeper with others I already knew. I thank God for refreshing times like these.


I came home to Josh chopping vegetables in the kitchen for a homemade soup he was making, geeeezzz! He reported the kids were great even though Addie had thrown-up 5 times during the night.....sounds like he is more than capable of holding down our fort, maybe mommy needs to get away more often. Thanks Josh for being a wonderful daddy to our children and an adoring husband to me. I thank God for you and consider "doing life" with you an enormous blessing!




7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a treat! I'm glad you went and enjoyed it.
And what a husband!

The Tucker Family said...

ADORABLE! I enjoyed the time spent with you (as I always do)! So glad us women had a chance to be in community, soak up the word of God, and be SILLY! Love ya! Hey, can you send me those pics when you get a chance? Thanks!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

It was sooo great spending quality time with you this weekend...God is really working in our lives! He revealed so much to me this weekend...oh and Mr. Mom...I was shocked when I walked in your house...what a man, huh?! Love you!

Jacinda said...

Your blog is so cute! I really had a great time this weekend. Thanks to you and some of the other girls for making me feel like a part of the group. I'm especially looking to forward to more hang outs! P.S. I'm totally stealing pics to put on my blog. Thanks! ~J

heather said...

I can't wait to hear all the details! Refresh me with all that you learned....I could use some more JESUS in my life. Looking forward to hanging out!

andrea said...

That was a good time. Thanks for being my friend. I love you and I am grateful for our years of friendship, even the hard times too! Thanks for praying for me this weekend too! We should really do that more often!

andrea said...

By the way, was that his minestrone soup? I think he made it for a life group once and it was yummy!