Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Big Fresno Fair

On stage with Lloyd Mabrey singing their ABCs.



Putting away the curly fries.

Grace and me just hanging out.


Olivia, Addie, and Ellie coming down the slide.


This is Josh's idea of a fair treat, a fruit cup. He is such a healthy eater, what was he thinking when he married me???


Last night we made our annual trip to the Big Fresno Fair. As always we had a great time! I think I must be seriously demented to give up sugar the same week I know I'm going to the fair, but I held strong and consumed enough salt to make up for the lack of sugar. Our favorite part of the fair is a folk singer named Lloyd Mabrey who comes every year to perform. We have seen him at least the last 5 years and Josh remembers seeing Lloyd in Paso Robles at the Mid-State fair when he (Josh) was a teenager. The last two years he has invited our girls up on stage to sing their ABCs, it's so stinking cute! Anyway, I'm afraid we have become just like our parents and believe the fair is not about the rides but about the experience (the animals, good deep fried food, cinnamon rolls to die for, cheesey exhibits of stuff you'd never really buy, etc). I guess we're getting old (our taste in music has probably given that away already). I'll spare you the details of Grace throwing up her squash dinner all over her blankie, that'll be for another post on a different day....if you're lucky.

3 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

That is awesome! You are instilling such amazing memories for your girls to look back at...not to mention the legacy you will leave behind! Love ya girl!

heather said...

That looks like so much fun! And all the food sounds so yummy! I cannot believe your willpower....you are amazing.

Unknown said...

Good times.
Is that the same fair we got to go to with you guys once? Memories...