Thursday, October 23, 2008

A conversation with a lady at Lowe's


This morning I headed to Lowe's to check out a washer and dryer. We still haven't bought a new one and the laundry is beginning to take over! It's kinda nice to not have to worry about doing laundry, but I can't help but think of what's to come......days and days and days of endless loads. That's a topic for another post... Anyway, as I walked into Lowe's I asked the associate in the garden area if she knew if they had any Morning Glories in stock. I've been wanting to plant some along our front fence for months now and Lowe's never seems to have them....so this older lady who was checking out, says, "Who would want morning glories?" I couldn't excuse her comment and was forced to say, "I've been wanting some for months to plant along my fence." She said, "We have them and can't get rid of the things, they're horrible." I was a little taken back by her negativity towards such a beautiful plant, but WHATEVER! Why do some people have such an annoying way of being negative? When Lowe's eventually gets Morning Glories I will plant them proudly and think of the grouchy lady who tried to talk me out of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought for a second you were going to say you offered to come uproot hers if she'd give them to you for free.
But what a meanyhead.
And, as for morning glory - I LOVE them. They are so special to me. My dad always planted them outside our back door and when they were blooming we'd eat our breakfast out there. Someday I'll do what you're doing and plant a bunch of 'em - and a lilac bush - that's my other dream.
So bleah! to the negative lady.

Melissa Ens said...

I love morning glories (or would it be glory's... no, that can't be right...) Anyway - in Spring look for them in seed packets! I've planted them that way before and they did quite well.

And for sure one person's flower is another person's weed! My dad farms cotton in Bakersfield and they are a nuisance in the fields b/c they grow and grow and clog the cotton pickers. How can something so pretty cause problems??? I love them!