Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Field Trip to Valley Children's Hospital

Big smiles.
In the helicopter.
Posing in the Jellyfish Cafe.
Mrs. Huene (Audrey's 2nd grade teacher) and Audrey.

This week was another field trip, but this time with Audrey's class to Valley Children's Hospital. I was so impressed with our guided tour, and I learned so much. Audrey's favorite part of the field trip was visiting the x-ray room. We were able to visit several different departments, a trauma room, a hospital room, Air George (the hospital's helicopter), and eat lunch at the Jellyfish Cafe. I'm very thankful I haven't had to visit this hospital with any of my 4 children, but it's great to see so many people serving sick children. I enjoyed this time with Audrey, she wanted to stick close to me and hold my hand the whole time. I wonder when they out grow that? I hope not for a long, long time!

3 comments:

heather said...

That is so sweet. I am so glad you guys had such a great time!

Unknown said...

I would LOVE a field trip like that - so glad you had such a good time.
Random question: WHY is the hospital cafeteria named that?
And I love that she held your hand.

Jacinda said...

Seriously, all of your girls are absolutely gorgeous! I love the hand holding too. I'm sure it melted your heart and made "staying home" worth it for that special moment.