Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life Group



Josh and I have been hosting a small group of people in our home every Tuesday evening for a number of months now. I knew I wanted to get to know more people from our church, and hosting a Life Group seemed like a good way to faciliatate that. Josh and I love having people over and hospitality has been a fun and comfortable way for both us to get to know other couples. So anyway....our small group, they are all married couples, and most have children. It is awesome, and I look forward to it every week. Once a month we do a Family Night where couples are encouraged to bring their children and we share a meal together. It has been the best time and such an encouragement for me. I feel more connected at church and I love the women God has brought into my life. Many of us are at similar places in life, but it is nice to see people in different "seasons" doing life together. I believe God would be happy to see us supporting and loving each other. Being real with others is not always easy, but I can see God's generous blessings when we allow people into our lives to live it with us.


4 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

You and Josh are such a blessing! God truly has a great plan when it comes to getting real with other couples! Thank you for taking that step in Faith and hosting our life group! I just love you!

Unknown said...

That's so great you're doing that. It looks like a fun group!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

It was so great being at Family Night again last week...we felt like we had never left! We are looking forward to jumping back in and being a part of that community again!~ You and Josh both mean so much to Doug and I...we are so fortunate that God put us in eachothers lives, and that we have connected so well! Love you friend!

Jacinda said...

I hope Brian and I can come soon! We would love to connect with you all! It seems like a really great combination of people.