Sunday, October 26, 2008

Race for the Cure

Nicole ran in memory of her grandmother.

I ran in celebration of Nana.

A quick picture after we ran. We don't look too bad, do we?

Yesterday morning I participated in the Race for the Cure 5k run at Fresno State. I ran with my friend Nicole. I've been training and I'm happy to say I finished the race. I completed the 3.1 miles in about 31 minutes, so I definitely didn't break any records, but I don't really think I was trying to. I also got to run in celebration of Nana (my children's name for Josh's mom) who is a breast cancer survivor. Well I think my next goal will be a 10k, anyone else want to join me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to join you!
Great time on the 5K!!!
Way to go, runner!
Now, where might we find a 10K midway between Fresno and Las Vegas?

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

So great running with you my friend!! We will have to find that 10k...lets look this week, we need another goal!! Love you!!!

heather said...

I absolutely do NOT want to join you :) but I am so stink'in proud of you...you rock!