Today is my mom's 68th birthday! I am sure she will love that I posted her age on my blog :) Don't worry mom, there are only a few faithful readers since I never blog anymore.
I knew being a mom couldn't be easy, but after I had kids I realized I appreciate my mom a whole lot more than ever before.
Things I love about my mom:
- Her patience (she has attempted to teach my older girls how to knit without cussing at them once)
- Her love of snail mail
- She is always up for an adventure
- She is slow to anger (I'm not sure this is accurate, but I don't remember her getting mad very often growing up, she never seems to lose her cool)
- She is very good about giving people the benefit of the doubt (full of grace)
- Her ability to burrito wrap (or swaddle) a newborn baby in 2 seconds flat (she was a labor & delivery nurse for 40+ years)
- Her love for a cheap glass of white wine
- She loves ANYTHING orange
I could write hundreds more, but frankly I don't have the time. Love you mom!