Sunday, September 7, 2008

Things that make me happy...

I was thinking about what to blog next...Tomorrow night I get to go out with some girlfriends for dinner. We try to get together once a month, and I always look forward to our time, it makes me happy. So I thought I'd write about what makes me happy inside. I'm glad you're reading, but I'm probably doing this more for me. I think it's good to have a heart of gratitude and know what makes you happy deep down inside. So here it is...


Things That Make Me Happy...



  • the feeling I get when I hear my children laughing

  • when Addie brushes my hair

  • when Ellie tells me "You're the bestest mommy ever"

  • when Olivia laughs so hard she almost pees her pants

  • when Grace smiles when I walk into her room

  • good food, good drinks, and good friends

  • quiet

  • exercise

  • Starbucks iced coffee

  • the feeling I get when I finally organize a cabinet or cupboard

  • getting rid of things I don't need or use

  • writing notes and sending them in the mail (no matter how much postage is)

  • feeding and watching the hummingbirds

  • garage sales

  • finishing a race, no matter what the time

  • thinking about God's unconditional love

  • being married for 11 years and loving him more today than the day I married him

  • surprises

  • a made bed

  • In-n-Out cheeseburgers (no onions)

  • Staying within our weekly budget

  • when I can fill my van up for $40 (oh that doesn't happen anymore)

  • a clean car with no old dried up food, weird smells, or strange stains

  • knowing I have someone to talk to

  • going out with my girlfriends

  • breakfast for dinner

  • blogging

  • getting to know my neighbors

  • God's grace

  • watching my kids bring gigantic zucchinis in from the garden

  • telling stories about my childhood with my brother and sister

  • thinking of my in-laws and realizing how blessed I am

  • a new recipe

  • making dessert

  • listening to my girls talk about God

  • waking up to a clean house

  • taking pictures of my family

  • celebrating birthdays

  • cuddling in bed on Saturday morning

  • putting the kids to bed at 8

  • time alone with Josh

  • listening to the ocean

  • smelling the mountain air

  • knowing the God I serve is AWESOME!

5 comments:

andrea said...

You are awesome! You are such a wonderful friend. I just emailed you and thought I would check in to see what was happening in the Wilkinson world. I am glad I did. I loved hearing about what makes you happy, it made me feel happy too!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Oops...I think you forgot something...hanging out with our best friends...and thier kids....haha...I love you, this post made me smile, so many of the things you listed would be on my list also..thats why we get along so well!

Unknown said...

I like your list, too - you wrote so many wonderful things. Not only did you make me want to think about God's love for a while, but I think I'd also like an In-n-Out cheeseburger.

heather said...

Loved it! I am so glad you shared. You are awesome about sending notes in the mail.

Melissa Ens said...

Hi Laura!!!!! I miss you guys! Saw one of your comments on Sarah Ellis's blog and found yours. : ) Don't know if you heard since we haven't announced anything very well yet, but we got to go bring our little boy home from Thailand a few weeks ago! There are some pictures on my blog if you want to see. I hope you all are doing well! And I loved your list of things that make you happy... I think I need to make my own... : )