Thursday, September 4, 2008

Artichokes


Can you see the shine from the butter?




My girls love artichokes....Not being a real big vegetable lover myself, I become a little prideful when my children actually like something that is good for them. I know it's silly. Are you ever surprised by something your kids like? I guess anything slathered in enough butter tastes good. About a month ago, I fixed artichokes to go with our dinner, they devoured them....Addie got to the heart and found a WORM. Ewwwwww! I was pretty sure that would detour her love (and possibly her sisters') for this yummy vegetable but nope....they keep asking for more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a lot of comments:
1) Fruits and vegetables in the Central Valley are so much better than in the desert where I am.
2) GROSS about the worm.
3) Geez, those are huge apples in the bowl in the picture.
4) I've never had artichokes with anything but mayonnaise or some other fancy dip. Butter sounds yummy.
5) I'm so glad you posted today!

Laura said...

the apples are fake and I think they are out of proportion in the picture...they look like apples for a giant huh?

I do love the produce here in the central valley! We are lucky!

The Miners said...

I wish I could get my kids to eat like that. Maybe we will have to try artichokes!