Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Barefoot Contessa


I love watching Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network....I don't know what it is about Ina Garten that captures me, but I love her! Her chubby appearance validates her loves for food, she is sophisticated and social. Her kitchen is amazing and makes me long for my own East Hampton home. I haven't tried any of her recipes, because like I said, she is sophisticated and I'm really not, but her dishes look so yummy. Another thing I adore about her....she loves her husband so much and dotes on him like crazy. She makes him these fabulous meals when he returns from a business trip. What do you think the chances are she'll invite me and Josh over for dinner? I can only dream...

3 comments:

heather said...

I love that she is chubby, too! I always wonder if that is her 2nd husband...isn't that sad? I assume that she is so nice to him because it's her second time around. :-)

Unknown said...

I love your review.
Chubby "food people" always win me over, too.
I've never watched her. Now I'll have to!
Heather, I am cracking up (and a little worried) about the second time around comment! :)

Laura said...

I did a little research...Ina and Jeffrey met when she was fifteen and they got married in 1968. I don't think they have any children. Their relationship is fun to watch, I totally know what you mean...it's easy to lose that lovey dovey thing with each other. Apparently, we can all learn something from the Barefoot Contessa and maybe more than recipes.