Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is here!





I am so happy that Fall has officially begun. In Fresno, the mornings and evenings are marked with considerably cooler weather and the days are not so stinking hot. I am so excited for Fall that 2 weeks ago I went out and bought 3 big pumpkins for the front porch and I've already put out our scarecrow man. Kyle, our 8 year-old neighbor, commented that it was a little early for fall decorations and that nobody else had theirs out....well I'm the first and I won't be ashamed, here we come Fall!

I'm looking forward to cooler weather, it getting dark earlier so I can easily trick my kids into going to bed at 6:30 (ha!), making dinner in the crock pot, eating soup, not worrying about warming up the kitchen when I turn on the oven, a significantly reduced PG&E bill, cuddling up with Josh under our down comforter, planning and preparing for the upcoming holidays, and all those things that make Fall what it is.


6 comments:

heather said...

I love this post! Ooooh, you made me so excited for fall, too! Great pictures of the girls...they all look so happy!

The Tucker Family said...

Adorable! So beautiful and yes, Fall is just amazing!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Soooo great! I am planning on decorating my whole house for fall this Friday! I am soooo excited for fall also, it is most definitely my favorite time of year!

Unknown said...

Well, now I think we'll all need our own "scarecrow man"!
You're getting me in the Fall spirit, too. Ahhhh, soup!

BTW, I love your meal list! That might really come in handy for some of your readers (like, me).

And when you mentioned the down comforter I think of flannel sheets and how excited I get about using them, and how Josh said once he hates them!!!

Ruby said...

So cool...I can't wait to "meet" your girls again. I love both those books you're reading too.

Laura said...

For the record Teri, Josh still hates flannel. I wonder if he had these textile issues as a child.