Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Crazy Ride...(Addie came up with the title for this one)

This morning after church, we went to Me-n-Eds for pizza. We sat and ate our pizza, the girls played, then we got ready to head for home. Josh was helping getting the girls into the car and I was trying to get Grace locked in, so I decided to set our leftover pizza and my wallet on top of the car. I finished getting Grace in and quickly got in the passenger seat thinking "these kids need a serious nap". We're driving down West, just south of Herndon when I notice some papers flying in the road, and Addie says, "Mom, what just flew out?" At that instant I remember leaving my wallet and the pizza on the top of the car. We make a u-turn (and the pizza box flies off the car into the intersection) and we head to the place we think my wallet fell. We slow down (in the middle of the street) and there is a car stopped and 3 young men running around trying to gather up the cash blowing in the wind. They seriously looked like they were trying to catch bills flowing from the heavens (I had had $90 in my wallet), their eyes big and wide, smiles from ear to ear. I quickly approached them while Josh found a place to park (that was safer than the middle of the road). I told them that was my money and wallet and it had dropped from the top of the car where I had set it. At this point, the gleam from their eyes began to fade. One of the guys asked me my name as he checked it with my driver's license inside my wallet he was holding still. They handed over my stuff and I continued to find misc receipts and money strewed thru the center divider for the next 5-10 minutes. I'm happy to report I recovered everything from my wallet and all is well. I guess I'm the one who seriously needed a nap.

5 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

I can relate to your panic...it is the worst feeling when you think your wallet is gone! I am so glad you were able to recover it and all the cash! Miss seeing your beautiful face at church today! Love ya my friend!

heather said...

That is crazy! I can't believe you had the guts to take money out of those guys hands! What a relief to find it all! Yay!

Unknown said...

I can't believe there were guys all over the money that fast! How crazy! I'm glad you got everything back.

And, P.S., I'm missing Me & Ed's.

Unknown said...

Where'd you go? Your readers need some material!

Laura said...

I know I know I know....I've been too busy to post, I promise more material after this weekend!