Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years ago...

Audrey & Ellie's school had a short, sweet ceremony in honor of the people who lost their lives in the terriorist attacks on Sept 11, 2001. Parents who are civil servants were invited to come in uniform. There were a couple firemen, a few police officiers, and 2 men serving in the Army. I have to say I had a really hard time holding it together. My eyes were tearing up and I couldn't help but think about all the people whose lives have been forever changed because of what happened that morning. It's one of those days we will all remember where we were and what we were doing. Audrey was 2 months old and I was laying on the living room floor playing with her. I turned on the t.v. and remember listening to the news report that an airplane had hit the World Trade Center in New York. I remember Josh calling shortly after that and asking me if I had heard the news, and suggesting I stay home and not go anywhere. Most of the children particpating in the ceremony this morning probably don't really understand what happened that September day, but I know I will never forget. I am grateful that in the 7 years that have passed the United States has not experienced another deadly attack like the one on Sept 11, 2001. I am thankful to all the people who put their lives on the line for the freedom we experience in this country. The sacrifices are plenty, and I want to make sure I always remember the cost of freedom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They were playing "I'm Proud to be An American" over the speakers at my kids' school. Way to make all the moms cry, people!

The Tucker Family said...

My heart and prayers go out to all of America as we remember this day!