Monday, January 19, 2009

A trip down Memory Lane

This is a picture of our old house.

Since the girls were out of school today, I went to visit my friend Danica. Danica and I met at Mountain View Community Church and we eventually bought houses about 3 blocks from each other in Clovis. She was a good friend to me in the early years of having my first child. We talked about life and took lots of walks to the park with our kids. Her house became the "potty house" because she lived about 5 doors down from the park and it never failed.... I'd walk the girls to the park and as soon as we got there, they had to go.
Today, on our way to Danica's I picked up lunch from Mediterranean Corner (yummy chicken pitas with the best garlic sauce, man I miss that place). We drove by our old house, the house I brought Ellie and Olivia home to after they were born. We saw the play set Josh built for the girls, the Japanese maples we planted in the front yard, the screen door Josh and the girls bought for me to let the breeze in, etc. I think it is good for the soul to reminisce and talk about old times. We only lived there about 3 years, but the memories made there are plenty. Here's to old friends and good times.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun. I love to reminisce, it's fun to read about you doing it, too. Great memories. I got to visit that house right after you moved in before we moved away. Next time you go down memory lane, go by the house before - I have LOTS of memories there, speaking of that crazy time of having only one child (and the second on the way for both of us!) I miss you!

The Tucker Family said...

What a great post Laura! Our homes do have so many memories that take place in them! I love your thoughts and your heart! I am sure it really blessed the girls hearts that you drove them by their previous home! You are such an awesome mommy!

heather said...

What a sweet post! I know I will be sad the day that we move....it is so much harder when you bring your babies home to one house and then later....move. Thanks for sharing...I enjoyed walking down memory lane with you :)

flowgun said...

yes! i have memories there too...some of which you and josh shall never hear about....