Saturday, January 10, 2009

Extreme Makeover Home Edition

You have to love those United Rentals guys! (Hi Greg)

The claw picking up all the debris.

This is where the house used to be.

R.J. (Extreme Home Makeover security), me, and Heather

A volunteer cat napping against a tree.
The neighbors across the street put their lawn chairs on top of their carport to watch. They were definitely making th most of the experience.

The blue shirts that every volunteer wears.

Me with a big smile riding the bus on the way to the job site.

Heather smiling big.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition is in Fresno this week! My girls and I LOVE the show! Guess what??? I got to go watch (Heather went with me)! Today was demo day, and we got to observe as an excavator loaded truck after truck with remains of the old house. Might sound totally boring, but we had no children with us and excitement was in the air, so it was awesome, that's all I can say, AWESOME! The outpouring from the community is amazing. We spoke to so many nice people. We quickly found out Ty was not around (someone told us they do 2 builds at the same time, so Ty flew to El Paso, and will return on Wed. to Fresno for furniture move in and the reveal on Thurs.), bummer! We're going back on Wednesday afternoon, I'll post more pictures and I'll keep my fingers crossed, maybe Ty will be around. Do you like the show (won't hurt my feelings if you don't)? What's your favorite part? The Fresno build will air sometime in March.

5 comments:

andrea said...

How fun Laura! Can't wait to hear all about it and see all the other pictures you get from this unforgettable adventure! You and Heather look so cute!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Soooo fun! We love the show over here! Lauryn happens to think that Tye is hot...so we were hopeing to get over there sometime too...how did you do that? You will have to let me know! Looking forward to Friday!

The Tucker Family said...

Hey Friend! My Aunt lives 2 houses down from it! She has a pass that allows her to drive right in! I can see if she can get anymore VIP passes! Yes, I love the show and it is so neat to see the community help out!

The Miners said...

How did you get there? do you have to get passes or do they do buses for everyone, sounds so cool!

Kristal said...

Laura, that sounds so fun! I'm glad you and Heather were able to steal away and get a glimpse!