Friday, January 9, 2009

2008 in pictures...

January: My sister, niece, and I take the older 3 girls to Disneyland. Olivia turns 3. Addie starts cake decorating class. We start attending River Valley Church.

Febraury: We take a few days off and go to Shaver Lake.

March: The girls picture taken by Auntie Anjie.

April: Josh's grandma passes away. We spend time in Bakersfield with family and friends. This is a picture of Josh and his pre-school teacher (and friend of Grandma's), Teacher Haslett.

May: We take a trip to Prescott, Arizona to visit my sister. This pic is taken at her house. Also in May, Josh and I get away for a weekend by ourselves to Santa Barbara for a Kaweah study weekend, and Ellie turns 5. Ellie completes pre-school at Mountain View and gears up for kindergarten.

June: I finish the school year at Ewing, teaching 1st grade. Summer vacation begins, and I begin enjoying being a stay-at-home-mom.


July: We take another trip to Shaver, this time we stay for a week. We take the boat, ski alot, and jet ski. Addie and Papa playing in the lake. Addie turns 7 and we bake cupcakes for her and Pops and sing Happy Birthday!

August: First day of school for Addie and Ellie.


September: Ellie enjoying the cooler weather outside.

October: Halloween brings fun as we dress up and go trick-or-treating. Grace turns one and we celebrate! We find out we're expecting another baby....wow 5 kids!

November: A family picture taken at Thanksgiving in Shaver. I turn 33 and Josh and I get away overnight to Oakhurst. We attend Todd's 40th b-day celebration.

December: Christmas Eve pic taken in front of the Christmas tree. Josh turns 33 and he and I get a dinner out to Max's.












8 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

So wonderful! Loved seeing the pics and hearing what you did in 2008!

Unknown said...

What a fun way to recall the year! I love you guys, you're just all so darn adorable! :)

andrea said...

What a cute idea! And these photos are so cute!

The Miners said...

I LOVE this post! It's like a Christmas letter but so much cooler! You go girl!

Jacinda said...

Looks like a great year! I love the idea of documenting the whole year with pictures.

heather said...

I agree with everyone else...GREAT IDEA and ADORABLE PICS!

Melissa Ens said...

I just have to say you are a really good blogger and I'm jealous. I love all the pictures and your great ideas. I'm so lazy about posting pics on mine... and you are so good at conciseness. (Me? Not so much... I can't even leave short comments!) BUT... That's okay because God loves me and made me the wordy woman that I am - even if I like your blog better than I like mine. : )

Melissa Ens said...

So what I really mean is good job!!!!! : ) Keep up the great work. : )