Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting back into a routine

Today, Addie & Ellie went back to school. Hallelujah! Getting them up at 7 didn't seem that bad, of course by Friday it might be getting old. I was a little worrried that they would be sad about going back, but they did well. I went to the gym and discovered it was CLOSED due to a power outage (Hallelujah #2). So I ran some errands with Liv and Grace, boy that seemed like a breeze after spending 3 weeks with 4 kids. I was trying to think of some things that can make the early mornings run smoothly....I have the girls pick out their clothes the night before (this works so well), but do you have any other ideas. I was thinking this morning, I should have them pour their cereal in bowls the night before, is that gross? Give me ideas, what works for you???

5 comments:

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Isn't it great to get them back into a routine!! I think that whatever you think might work to make things run smoother...you should try!! Maybe try to get them up a bit earlier, have everything packed and ready the night before...have the Addie start helping out more with the younger ones...those all work for me...oh...and I have to make sure I get up with time to spare!!! Good luck!!

Kristal said...

Routines.....they are a either a life saver or a bad word....hee hee. I am so glad school is back in. I think the kids were sick of looking at me....ha ha.

andrea said...

I say, never sleep!

Chad Davis said...

I always sleep in my clothes for the next day. Brush my teeth in the morning and leave. Getting ready is only 2 min!!!

Melissa Ens said...

I do the same... try to get Mikaela to have her clothes ready - AND her backpack and shoes. It makes SUCH a difference. And the other thing I did recently is start keeping her socks in a container in our laundry room! Seemed like we were always searching for socks and now they're right by where the shoes and door are. : ) Let me know how the cereal goes...