Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is Christmas vacation over?

Josh went back to work yesterday after a nice, fun holiday. Addie and Ellie have one more week off, and I'm enjoying the sleeping in and lounging around having no place to be, but I can tell that today I have officailly hit the "is vacation over yet" stage. I'm ready to have a few minutes to myself, is that selfish? Probably, but having 4 of children home for 3 weeks is beginning to wear on me (they're loud, messy, easily excited, never a dull moment bunch)...I'm tired. It was great when Josh was home, he spent lots of time playing with them, helping me pick up, and running around with them, now he's back to work and I'm.....tired (I've already said that, huh?). When you're a mom you hate to say negative things about times you know you'll miss someday, but when you're in the trenches a school day brings some much needed relief for this mommy.

4 comments:

Kristal said...

Amen sista'.....I feel ya!

andrea said...

You better not feel bad! It has got to be extremely tiring, especially when your pregnant!!! And don't worry, no one is judging you!!! And if they are, too bad!!! God's grace is a coming...Monday is not too far away!

The Tucker Family said...

Yes it is over - Reality sinks back in! Girl, you are prego, you are tired and have an excuse to be! Enjoy your week next week, rest, read your bible, drink hot chocolate, watch a tv show oh, and go to the gym!

Unknown said...

"in the trenches" is so true. sometimes the days are a battle.