Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas Highlights

Here are some highlights of our Christmas:

  • The minestrone soup Josh made on Christmas Eve.
  • Watching the true joy in Josh's eyes as he discovered "The Christmas Story" would run 24 hours straight on Christmas Eve.
  • Enjoying lots of time with Josh as he took time off work.
  • Watching my girls experience the pure joy of giving this Christmas as they gave gifts to one another.
  • Knocking Josh out in our first boxing match on the wii (I can't wait for the re-match).
  • Addie kicking my butt (and Josh's too) bowling.
  • The delight on my children's faces as they bounced for the first time on the huge trampoline Nana and Papa gave them.
  • Spending time with my in-laws on Christmas Day...it was just us and them and they seemed so excited to be with us and we were so excited to share our holiday with them.
  • Driving to southern California to spend the weekend after Christmas with my family (it's still feels good to go home no matter how old I get).
  • Having my sister invite me and Josh to go out for drinks (this has NEVER happened).
  • Visiting with Kathy, my friend since the second grade, and catching up (I think it had been almost 2 years since we had seen each other).

5 comments:

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

We got a Wii too....oh, it is on!!! Missed you today...lets chat tomorrow to plan our next date!

heather said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas! I am looking forward to catching up. We have been having lots of fun with Guitar Hero. It really is fun to play games with the family, isn't it?!

andrea said...

Hey Laura! I am glad you guys had fun. I didn't realize you would be back already from your parents! So when are you going to have us over to play with the Wii?????

Unknown said...

So fun!!!
Love that you boxed your husband - and won. I keep losing miserably at everything.
Tried ski jumping last night - it was TERRIBLE!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
What a wonderful holiday you had!

Kathy said...

I am so touched to make the blog! :) I loved visiting with you but it made me wish I could do it more often!! I promise I will send the box with crib directions very soon! :) It seems we are the only ones without wii. Sounds like so much fun! Happy birthday to Olivia!!