Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread Houses Galore

The beginnings of Audrey's house.

It's finished.

Ellie's house at the beginning.

Me and Ellie

Ellie and her completed house.

After they all finished their houses, they lined them up on this road. What a cute idea!


Ellie and Audrey both made gingerbread houses at school today. The kindergarten classes put on a HUGE production in the cafeteria as they decorated their houses with their 6th grade buddies. Audrey made hers in her classroom this afternoon. I went to watch both of them assemble their masterpieces... Ellie wasn't afraid to get messy and wasn't too worried about how the house looked, she was more particular about the candy she used (it had to be candy she liked). Audrey, on the other hand, was meticulous and had to be reminded several times that it was okay if the gingerbread house wasn't perfect and structurally sound (it's meant to be eaten).

Winter break is here and all I can think of is how nice it will be to wake up Monday morning and have nowhere to go. 3 weeks of rest, ahhhh that sounds so nice!

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Right there with you, sister. I am soooo ready to not push everyone out the door and run a never ceasing taxi service. You are so brave to go for a 5th...congrats! Enjoy Monday morning!

andrea said...

Enjoy the time off! How fun to be able to go and be a part of the party for the girls! I love the road idea too. What a great school!

Melissa Ens said...

I think it's amazing how things like gingerbread houses can reflect personalities. 2 years ago I watched in awe as some of Mikaela's friends create theirs so meticulously while she proceded to stick as much on hers as possible. It made me laugh because she's so much like me. When it comes to stuff like that, we just don't know when to quit. : ) The more the merrier we think!

Unknown said...

I love the personalities reflected in the graham crackers, frosting and candy - so fun!
I love the road they made for them, too! That is a neat idea.

The Tucker Family said...

What a fun PARTY - can't wait until we are a part of such an awesome school - Go Knights! Your girls are so beautiful! So are you!

Hip Hip Hooray on no where to be on Monday morning (except for the gym of course) I am so looking forward to not having to make lunches, rush in the morning, get the kids to bed early, etc.!

Up for ORGANIZING my friend????

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Fun! I am with you on the time off...wish I could not work and have three weeks straight off too!!! Really looking forward to hanging out with you an the family soon! We will chat to arrange some playdates with Addie and the other girls! Love you my friend!