Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One week to go...

Well I have a week til baby #5 makes his arrival. I still need to buy a car seat, wash his clothes, and get some things put away in his room, but I think I'm almost ready. Not really feeling too anxious (that might still happen) about the labor and delivery....it seems like with each baby I got a little more anxious about the pain and what was to come, but today I feel pretty relaxed. I'm looking forward to being able to walk upstairs without feeling completely winded, my bladder holding more than an ounce, and having a "normal" body. I've gained more than I'd like to admit with this pregnancy ( could have been the in-n-out, cupcakes, its its, or red vines), so I have lots of hard work ahead of me to get back into shape and rehab my diet. I'm enjoying feeling the baby move, he kicks and punches, and even had the hiccups the other night. The girls are out of school next Thursday, so along with having a newborn, we will be adjusting to summer life. I don't have too many expectations as I think most of the time those lead to disappointment, I just want to enjoy the season I'm in, chaos and all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you knowing the day is getting close. I'll be praying for the labor and delivery. It's supposed to just get easier with each one, right? Here's to a one-hour labor!!! Or thirty minutes!!! Fifteen!!! Woo-hoo!

Natalie said...

Y'all will do great! And now that the little Mr. Wilkinson has a little Arnold girlfriend, he should be more than ready and willing to come out quickly. :)

andrea said...

I can't believe it is already here! I am so happy for you to have a little baby boy! You will get everything done that NEEDS to get done! Try not to worry! Praying for you! Love you!

Unknown said...

You are such a strong person that I know you'll be able to handle it once Jr. arrives. You can always call me anytime since I'm up at all hours with Madison!!! Luv ya, Peg

heather said...

Laura, You have had such a good attitude this entire pregnancy. I am so proud of you. After the baby comes....just let it all out and act like a crazy, weepy, new mom....like the rest of us....it will make me feel better!