Monday, June 8, 2009

The day before

Today has been a busy day, the endless loose ends to tie up before going to the hospital in the a.m. Today I have:
  • Made cinnamon rolls for breakfast (not homemade, but still required turning on the oven).
  • Prayed that I would have a wonderful nurse tomorrow.
  • Dropped Josh's shirts at the cleaners.
  • Took the girls to school and walked them in, in case I can't do this again before Thursday, their last day of school.
  • Made a house key for Josh's grandpa so he can be here when the girls get dropped off from school tomorrow.
  • Called my mom to make sure she was on her way, she's coming this afternoon, and staying til Friday.
  • Called my mother-in-law and asked if I could borrow a robe for the hospital.
  • Wondered why I'm not more anxious and nervous (must be all the prayers).
  • Went to the fruit stand, so there's something healthy to snack on while I'm away.
  • Went to Costco to buy a few odds and ends.
  • Prayed for a wonderful nurse again.
  • Made peanut butter and jelly for lunch with a big glass of milk.
  • Took the trash cans out
  • Balanced the checkbook
  • Paid a couple bills
  • Checked my e-mail and blogged this post

Well I feel like I've accomplished a lot (it's not even 2 o'clock yet), but I still need to take my car to get washed. My mom should be here soon, and possibly I can run that errand all by myself. I will be sure to take a nap and try to savor one more day as a mom to 4, and no screaming newborn keeping me up all hours. Going to chick-fil-a for dinner, no cooking for me.

I'll keep you posted...my induction is scheduled at 6:30 a.m. I think my doctor will break my water about 7 a.m. and we'll see what happens, I'm sure pitocin and an epidural are in the lineup. I'm hoping we have a baby by afternoon, Josh thinks it'll be evening, we'll see...

2 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

You ROCK Laura! You seriously are the most amazing person I know! You go get 'em tomorrow! You will do great, God will provide the nurses you need...praying for you! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

heather said...

Laura,
It is Tuesday and I just talked to you....you are HAVING A BABY TODAY! You are going to be an awesome mom to 5 little cuties. I can't wait to find out the newest babies name....I can always count of you to be discussing baby names the day that your baby is born :)
Love you!