Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby Boys = Laundry

I'm thrilled to be a mommy to a boy. It's so fun and different to put all those blue clothes on him, but geeeezzzzz he pees on every outfit each time I change him, doesn't he know I'm on laundry overload already? By the end of the day, there are about 8-10 dirty onesies, ahhhhhh! I couldn't keep up with the laundry before Joel, so I'm pretty sure things won't be changing. My dreams of being on top of all the washing, folding, and putting away are quickly fading, but then again who really cares if the the laundry is done....as long as everybody has underwear to wear right? As little boys get bigger do they pee less when you change them? I'd love to hear your thoughts.....better get back to the laundry room.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

1st of all, love the "OPEN" dinner schedule for the week. :) 2ndly, too funny about the peeing! Kayley was actually worse for me, because I would always put a cloth diaper immediately over Zach's private & that did the job. That didn't work for Kayley, so go figure. Good luck, and yes, it will happen less and less I'm sure. :)

Natalie said...

well, you've seen the pee-pee mess my child has made at your home, so does that answer your question about if it stops????

The Miners said...

Oh the joys of having a boy! It will get better, and you will become a pro at covering it! Welcome to the club my friend!

andrea said...

Gotta love the pee! I couldn't believe how different is was with a girl. Keira hardly peed through anything, but Kaden did all the time. Constantly had to change his clothes and his swaddle. If he hadn't leaked yet, once I would pull off his clothes and touch him with that cold wet wipe in the middle of the night, it was a given, pee was everywhere. I think I bought like 5 or 6 of those changing pad covers because they were always drenched! The whole cover "it" up thing never really worked for me! Good luck girl! Do you need more onesies?

Unknown said...

Always have the clean diaper underneath the dirty one so you can just cover him when he starts to pee. Your brother Kevin would always drop Harrison's legs and jump out of the way so Harrison would spray up and off the changing table like a fire hose!!!

Peg