Monday, March 30, 2009

Pismo Beach

Josh smiling big at lunch (I love those blue eyes).

The trick I can do with my big belly and a soda, I'm ready for the circus.

Liege & Chad


"Kiteboarding"


The asparagus salad Josh ordered....yum!

Josh and I got away this weekend for our anniversary. We dropped off the girls in Visalia with Nana and Papa and headed to Pismo. Our friends, Chad & Liege, were also celebrating their anniversary and so we decided we'd all meet up in Pismo and hang out for the weekend.


Here are some highlights of our trip:
  • The most peaceful two and a half hour drive to Pismo, no kids screaming in the backseat, no emergency stops for a potty break, just me and Josh.
  • The jacuzzi that graced our balcony and where I probably spent 90% of my time.
  • The hour long massage I got (heavenly).
  • Eating king crab legs with lots of butter at a table with a view of the sunset.
  • Eating dessert two nights in a row and not even trying to justify it.
  • Walking along the beach and listening to the ocean.
  • Watching tons of guys "kiteboard" along the beach.
  • Talking to Josh for hours and hours, and loving every minute of it.
  • Eating a clam chowder bread bowl at the Splash Cafe.
  • Getting to know Chad & Liege more.
  • Spending two blissful nights away and realizing I do miss my children when I'm away.
  • Breathing that ocean air.
  • Reading magazine after magazine with no interruptions.
  • Dreaming together about our future.
  • Wondering why we don't do this more.

Well we are back now, and you'd think after the great weekend I had I would be more than ready to step back into reality but....My girls missed me and need lots of attention, I need to make them dinner, I have lots of bags to unpack, my house is a mess (just the way I left it), they are so noisy and I think I'm getting a headache.

6 comments:

Liege said...

You are so good. I haven't even transferred the pictures form my camera to the computer.
We had a great time hanging out with you guys. Thanks for going to the beach with us :)

The Tucker Family said...

How wonderful...I just love your posts! Good for you guys for getting away! See you Sat!

Jacinda said...

That sounds pretty heavenly! I'm glad you guys had such a great time! I love falling in love with my husband all over again and having a chance to miss my kids too! I think we'll try to make it tonight! :)

Natalie said...

Mystery solved! Owen was really getting his mind in knots trying to figure out where "my Wilkinson girls" were on Sunday. Glad y'all had a great time!

Unknown said...

I'm sold! I'm going to Pismo!
It was all so sweet I nearly teared up - I'm so happy you had a weekend like that. AND the belly trick is adorable. Sheesh, seems like yesterday I saw that photo of you from the 5K with no belly (or at least not an obvious one.) Josh is pretty dashing, too.
HOWEVER, the ending of the story was not a happy one. Did you HAVE to tell us about the bags and the laundry and making dinner? It was such a nice vicarious fantasy up until that point.

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Missed you guys....but so glad to hear you had such a great time wth eachother. Reconnecting with eachother on weekends away is absolutely the best thing ever! Glad you guys had so much fun!