Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Old Pops

Going to the dining room on the tram.....this is always a highlight of our visit.

Sitting on the bench in front of the dining room.

Olivia's little hand against Old Pop's hand.


Grace & Old Pops taking a stroll.

Grace pointing something out to Old Pops.

Josh and Old Pops


"Old Pops" is the endearing name my children came up with for Josh's grandpa. He is an amazing grandpa and great-grandpa, and lucky for us he moved to Fresno last year from Bakersfield. He lives about 3 miles from us, and we have enjoyed hanging out with him alot this last year. One of our favorite things is to go to dinner with him at the dining room at San Joaquin Gardens...the girls are treated like super stars and love all the attention. It also gives us a chance to practice our manners for eating out. I also have to say the chance to ditch my own kitchen and not have to think about preparing dinner is a serious positive for me. Thanks Old Pops for putting up with us and continuing to invite us.....you have created an awesome legacy for us to follow.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

How wonderful! I'm sure your visits are the highlight of his day! Can I come ride the tram? lol

andrea said...

You guys are so sweet! I feel convicted! I have got to go and visit my Grandma. She lives so close too! I am sure you guys make his day, or his week, or his month, when you all show up to see him!!!