Sunday, March 1, 2009

Grace is walking!!!

Grace and her walking legs.

Trying to "help" by putting dish soap in the dishwasher.

When I ask her to smile, this is what she does.

Last week Grace turned 16 months old, and I'm happy to report she is finally walking. She is walking more than she is crawling and I think she finally convinced herself this newfound freedom is nice. It's a little strange to see her little upright body taking steps across the kitchen floor. She is talking more and more too, usually the same words over and over: uh-oh, no no, bye bye, hi, mama, dada, night night. Her favorite things are unrolling all the toilet paper off the roll then saying uh-oh, playing in the play kitchen opening and closing the cabinets, stacking and putting stuff from one container into another, pulling her clips out of her hair, waving to anyone who looks at her, and of course her blankie and pacifier. I'm learning she may be a little stubborn and has a bit of a temper, but she is sweet and we all adore her.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It was such a pleasant surprise to see her walking in the infant class on Sunday. She would walk over to the gate and stare longingly at the 1's and 2's class...I told her it would be her turn soon. :)

PS: On the menu for the week, does "Josh's Minestrone Soup" mean Josh's recipe or Josh is cooking? :)

Unknown said...

Ya gotta love that cute denim jacket and her accessorizing. What an exciting time!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

WOW! I am so excited to see her walking tomorrow night!! Soooo much fun! Uncle Doug is goin crazy for her cute little smile!! Love you guys!!

The Miners said...

Wow, what happened to Baby Grace?? She looks all grown up! How time flies...

Lesley said...

goose looks like she's ready for mardi gras...where did you find that guess jacket?

Kristal said...

Gosh Laura, she is SO big...I can't believe she's walking. Now without Mom's group I feel like I hardly know her...sorry for the buzz kill.....we have to get together soon!

andrea said...

She is too cute! I love her favorite things to do...as I am sure you do too!!! I forget about that whole toilet paper thing! I used to think about all the money that was being wasted so we would try to salvage any we could! Cheap huh? Looking forward to life group!