Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What a week it has been (so far anyway)

Well yesterday on my way to get a much needed cup of caffeine from Starbucks I got pulled over. The officer said I was going 42 mph in a school zone (the speed limit is 25 mph), oops, I guess I was just so excited about that cup of coffee I wasn't paying any attention to my speed. Could I have really been going 42 in front of Bullard High at 8:30 a.m.??? Could his radar have been malfunctioning? I don't know, maybe I was doing 42... Dang it I was just bragging about being ticket-free for the last couple of years. That's what you get for bragging.

Then.... this morning after visiting the chiropractor I was involved in a car accident. Two cars ran into each other after one ran a red light and as a result one of the cars hit mine as I sat at the signal. My van's frontend is damaged just a bit, but thankfully I'm okay. Nothing like a car accident to shake you up. I was mostly concerned and overly emotional because the lady who hit me had injuries and was unable to get out of her car. I think she will be okay too, she was talking and responsive but very shaken up. What good can come from something like this? I think my hope in mankind is restored...so many people came to help, I cried on a stranger's shoulder til Josh got there. There were so many amazing, concerned people, everyone just wanted to know how they could help. I had to visit my doctor just to make sure baby was okay and really just to say I did, but we're good.

Tomorrow I should stay home, don't you think?

7 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

Wow! What a week so far! Glad you are okay too! That is so neat that people jumped right in to help!

Natalie said...

that wasn't an awkward attempt at an April Fools' joke was it? I'm sorry your week has been poopy. Yep, stay home today...don't you wish Starbucks delivered sometimes? :)

andrea said...

What the heck!!! I cannot believe it! How are you feeling today? Were any of the kids with you? How sweet of Joshie to come get you! I bet you were scared. Did you see it coming and have to helplessly sit there? I am glad you went to the doctor too and that baby is fine!!! I love you and am so glad you are okay.

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Awwwww...that sucks! I had that exact same thing happen to me one time....watched from my rear view mirror as someone plowed into the car behind me...then that one into me!! Loved it! So glad you are okay! Just rest in the fact that today will be a good one! Love you!

Kristal said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! I'm so glad that you and baby 'BOY' =) wilkinson are ok. Rest today and tomorrow will be a great one!!

The Miners said...

What a week!! Ya, don't leave the house for a few days! Glad to know everyone is well though.

heather said...

i'm emotional just reading this so i can only imagine how you felt. tradgedy does seem to bring out the best in people....love you!