Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo

My troop



The whole troop


Sam's troop, Kevin & Marky



Ellie smiling BIG.


Grace enjoying her ride in the stroller.



We spent our Veteran's Day morning at the zoo. The girls were in strange moods that urged me to get them out of the house for a couple hours. The funk continued with incessant whining and bickering with each other, but thankfully I had Sam to talk to. Thanks Sam for a fun idea and getting me out, had I stayed home I might have gone crazy. Sam shared some zoo trivia she learned with me, "Elephants are pregnant for 22 months, and their babies weigh between 200 and 300 pounds." I bet that's a fact you didn't know....Makes 40 weeks and 8 or 9 pounds sound like a breeze.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Grace has the coolest hair in the universe.

And the picture in front of the flamingos makes me all nostalgic - we went to that zoo a zillion times. Joe called them "fumbingos" back then.

Glad you got out, sorry the girls were poopy. Maybe they're all melancholy about Veterans Day - do you think that's it? Because mine were sort of snarky today, too.

Laura said...

I can't even tell you how many comments we get on her hair. People seem to find all kinds of things to say about it. I don't try to tame it, I kinda like it and appreciate it cuz I know it won't last forever.

andrea said...

Those pictures are so cute AND good for you to take all the kiddos to the zoo! Love you!