Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Weekend

Well this weekend I celebrated my 33rd birthday. Josh's parents agreed to watch the girls overnight so we could get away. We left at about 11 a.m. on Saturday morning and headed to Oakhurst, only about an hour from Fresno. We stayed at the Houndstooth Inn, we've stayed there several times over the last couple years. We had a room with a warm, cozy fireplace and a gigantic bath tub with jets. I let the stress of the world roll off me as I soaked, read, relaxed, laughed, and talked with Josh. I can't think of a better way to spend 24 hours. I treasure times like this when we get to reconnect. Thank you Nana & Papa for babysittng, you're truely a blessing to us!

We also had the privledge of attending our friend, Todd's 40th birthday/military retirement party in Coasregold on Saturday evening. We had such a nice time celebrating with friends. What a milestone for Todd!

Thanks...
-to all the friends/family who called , texted, or made a point of telling me happy birthday, you're so sweet to remember
-Heather for bringing me a caramel machiato Sunday evening just for my b-day
-to my daughters for picking out the most awesome waffle maker any mom could ever want
-Nana & Papa for allowing Josh and me to get away
-Josh for buying me a new washer and dryer even though I know that goes against everything you believe in (no appliances as gifts). I can't wait to blog about laundry and my new appliances this week.

5 comments:

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Hey my friend...so glad you guys had such a great time!! Love you!

Unknown said...

Laura!
Happy, happy birthday!
What a dreamy trip. So glad you got to do something special.
Lots of love and prayer for a good year!

Melissa Ens said...

Sounds heavenly!!! We might have to check that place out sometime...

Happy late birthday! And to answer your question/comment... we ended up rescheduling our visit with the soc. worker for tonight. But it should be pretty easy. He's very laid-back, so it shouldn't be too stressful. : ) I hope you're having a thankful day. : )

andrea said...

Wow! 33! Just kidding! You sure look amazing Mommy!!! If I give birth to two more kids, I hope I can look as good as you!!! You're HOT!

flowgun said...

That sounds like a good birthday! Way better than when we used to slum it and cram in your upstairs bedroom for movies at your apartment. :)