Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend Recap

Josh went to Big Lots Sunday afternoon....this has to be one of his favorite stores, and after 12 years of marriage I'm still trying to find out why. Look all the crap he bought....I didn't know they still made fiddle faddle. Eating some of this stuff scares me, but Josh is delighted in getting a deal.



Ellie pushing Grace around the house in a baby doll stroller.

Grace loves being pushed around....too bad a few hours later the wheel fell off the stroller, I guess we over did the weight limit.


Look at that stance.


Me in a mean training session on the wii that ultimately told me my wii fitness age is 53. Boy, I have a lot of work to do.



Liv smiling big in her jammies after a bath on Sunday night.

My kitchen Monday morning....I bet yours never looks like this. Is there any significance between the empty martini glass, empty Del Taco cup, and empty gallon of milk?


More kitchen aftermath...this is what it looks like after I cook, hence I hate to cook.


The waffle maker, I hate cleaning as I go.


So we had a fabulous long weekend, I'm so sad it had to come to an end. After the father/daughter dance on Friday night, the older 3 girls went to Nana and Papa's to spend 2 whole nights!


Josh and I were so excited to be at home in our QUIET house with one child. What a nice change of pace for us! We slept in Saturday morning and then went to Mimi's for breakfast with Josh's grandpa. Got home from breakfast and took a nap while Grace napped. Woke up and hung out with each other, cleaned the house, and then got ready for dinner. I made reservations at Max's (and got a sitter for Grace). Dinner was delicious and so much fun with Matt & Heather (I'll post pics soon). Then we headed to the movies to see Grand Torino.....I loved it and at some point I will write a post about the striking similarities between my dad and Clint Eastwood's character in this movie.


Sunday morning we dedicated Olivia and Grace at church. Nana and Papa met us at church with our 3 children dressed, hair done, and smiles on their faces, and I didn't have to do any of it, what a treat! The dedication was great and very personal (I'll post pictures soon). After church we headed to San Joaquin Gardens (where Josh's grandpa lives) for a yummy brunch with Josh's family.


Monday morning I made waffles, ham and eggs for breakfast. We all enjoyed having Josh home from work that morning. We spent Monday hanging out as a family and playing a few rounds of bowling and tennis on wii. I love weekends like this!










7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a FEW comments!
First... Josh shops like he's stocking a movie theater snack stand.
Second... you have a great Wii stance! 53 my butt!
Third... Liv looks cute in those jammies. I recognize 'em. Costco?
Fourth... I'd love to write an essay on the martini/Del Taco/milk correlation.
Fifth... I had a similar batter lake under my waffle iron the other night - 'til I remembered the amount it takes - I always forget the first time. I always get the mess.

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

I love that your kitchen looks like that! Not all of us are as brave as you and willing to post pics of our messes! Sometimes it is just feels good to have a mess and not be so clean! You guys look like you had a great weekend! Love me some Wilki's!!

Chad Davis said...

Please do not disregard the numerous warnings about your wii strap. Please make sure it is securely fastened to your wrist then press A and B together to continue.

Liege said...

First of all, you look great. It says you are 53 because you are pregnant and don't have all the energy and balance you would have if you were not pregnant.
Second, Josh is just about as weird as Chad!
Third, what a nice treat to have dinner with no kids. You guys totally deserve it.
Finally, I feel so bad. I forgot the dedication was this weekend. I totally would have gone just to watch it. I mean, I'm really really bummed. I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to and that's what I hate about not going to the same church the people I love go to.
I love you guys and I'm sorry I missed such an important event in your life.
Liege

Liege said...

Oh yeah, you should have seen my kitchen Saturday evening after having 6 people over for dinner... It was fun. Good thing I was a little too happy to think about taking pictures of the mess, otherwise I would have had to share them!

Luke Mundy said...

Josh's FAVORITE store is Big Lots?!? I feel a new nickname coming on...

andrea said...

What a special weekend! So glad you posted about it! I love all the pictures and can't wait to see the ones from Valentine's Day too! Seriously, Big Lots is so funny! I love that Josh loves it! I like it too! Maybe go there 2 times a year, but the last time I went, I remember thinking that it not that cheap! It like the dollar store, but everything is way more than a dollar!!! OR maybe I am just too cheap!