Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One of those afternoons....

Ahhhhhhhh! It's been one of those afternoons....I feel like ripping out my hair, putting in some earplugs, taking a hot bath, running away, locking myself in my room, do you catch my drift? One of my children in particular has been driving me CRAZY (I won't name any names), but four isn't so fabulous today. She is not listening, has changed her clothes at least 5 times, is fighting with her sisters, and just being a pain! She went outside to jump on the trampoline with her sisters and after some screaming and fighting I walked outside to see what was going on.....this is what I found....


Do you ever have days like this? I know everybody does. What do you do? I feel like pouring myself a stiff drink and turning on an episode of House Hunters. I'm pregnant so I won't indulge in the drink, but I will turn on the tv, or maybe I should take off my clothes and go jump on the trampoline, Olivia might be on to something...

7 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

LOVE IT! Yeah, I had that day yesterday! Madi stayed home from school, no gym, constant fighting and screaming between siblings! I seriously almost called Mark and said I am outta here and I am not sure if I would have come back! Don't you just love being a MOMMY? Such a blessing, yet such a test! Tonight was a blast as always! I bet you feel better already! Thanks for opening up your home! Let's get together as couples again (SOON)! Love ya!

andrea said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I love what you found outside. At least you will think this is more funny in a couple of days! But I am sorry it was one of those days. Hey, and four? I thought the 3s were supposed to be the bad days???

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

I am pretty sure it has something to do with her name....because I have one who shares the same name....and she makes me feel this way ALL of the time! So.....wow...5? Love you all! Looking forward to our weekend escape together....soon!!!!

heather said...

no....we don't have those days over here. we spend our afternoons together doing family devotions, cleaning the house, and then Matt comes home to make dinner. Ain't life great.....when you're in la la land :)

Unknown said...

I'm with Heather. I have no idea what you're talking about. And you can't be talking about that sweet face in the photo - she looks harmless.
Seriously, I've had every thought you named and more. Often involving the stiff drink option. It's a wonder I haven't adopted alcoholism! I can only thank Jesus that hasn't happened. Now, if I just didn't turn to ice cream so often...
Have to say I laughed out loud at your consideration of nude trampolining!

The Miners said...

I'm sure it was REALLY frustrating at the time, but that's just too funny!!

Melissa Ens said...

Ya gotta love moments like that - especially in the middle of the other not-so-loveable moments. But seriously? I give myself a timeout! I lock myself in my room and pray for God to restore my patience and sanity. And sometimes I cry. : ) And sometimes I get the kids to yell with me as loud as we can "Help me Jesus!!!" That's sort of like family devotions, isn't it??? : )