Thursday, October 7, 2010

Disneyland half-marathon update (better late than never)

Kathy, Brianne, me, and Gina (still smiling...this pic was probably taken around mile 3)
I did it...I survived...I was tired and hungry after completing the Disneyland half-marathon but mostly just happy I finished! I ran the 13.1 miles in 2 hrs 34 min. Pretty sure I could have run faster and improved my time a bit by not stopping to go to the bathroom and running faster thru all the Disney sites, but I ran a pace that felt good and I took it all in. Disneyland and California Adventure at 6 a.m. with no people just runners, surreal. Running thru Angel Stadium while listening to Five for Fighting's "100 years" surreal. Running with my best childhood friend, Kathy, surreal. So happy I did it! This weekend I'll run a 10k here in Fresno with another friend, then I'm not sure what's next. The romantic running with Josh isn't happening....maybe in the spring we will run a race togather, we will see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for you!!!
Love the list of surreal memories.
Let me know how the romance running develops - Kevin and I have never figured it out.
What a fun race!