Monday, August 3, 2009

What will August bring?

Some goals I'm working towards or things I'd like to see accomplished this month:

  • Joel sleeping thru the night.
  • More routine as the girls head back to school (August 17) and Olivia starts pre-school 2 days/week.
  • Eating healthy and trying to seriously shed my baby weight (I have 25 pounds to lose).
  • Getting myself back to the gym, trying to get back into the kickbox circuit class I was doing, and maybe trying a spin class.
  • Getting a 5 or 10k on the calendar to run in Sept or Oct to motivate me and keep me that way (anybody interested in running with me???)
  • Get my household routines back into order (housecleaning, running errands, making dinner, etc)
  • Implement daily chores AGAIN for each of the girls (A, E, and O)
  • Make an effort to simplify my life by decluttering (the kids toys and my closet will be my goal for August)
  • Getting a photo album together for Joel's pictures thus far.
  • Getting up early enough to take a shower, pray, and read my Bible before any of the kiddos are awake (this one is hard for me).

That's probably enough stuff for August. What do you want to work on in August? Do you look forward to a new school year or despise the fact that summer is over? I'd love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Man, I can relate to a lot of your goals.

I joined an online Bible study where we post answers on Facebook, so that's given me the accountability to stay on track with my reading and reflection. Otherwise, I'm good for a day or two and then I'm back hitting the snooze button.

My goals include:
*finding a routine with Owen that includes more Bible study for him and working on his beginning reading skills

*working out (this is Michael's too)

*being more patient with my family, especially the extended family

As for June sleeping through the night, I'm going to save that one for later. :) She's up to eat and then right back asleep, so I'm not too worried yet.

I'll be praying for your goals. With the girls in school, I know it will be easier to do so many of those things.

Kathy said...

Great August goals! Mine are much the same, except I don't have a newborn!! Could I come clean your closet for old time's sake? :) Wish I was closer and I totally would!! Here, I am savouring summer yet looking forward to some structured days as well. Excited for what new schools bring for the kids!