Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's June already...

I rarely write a post without pictures, but today I will just write....In Fresno, it's getting warmer and the weather is starting to look more like summer than spring. Audrey, Ellie, and Olivia have 2 weeks left of school then summer vacation will officially be here. I'm not so good with sentences, but I'm okay with bullets so this is what's going on around here:
  • Grace broke her arm last week. She broke 2 bones in her forearm, she's in a splint, and should be getting a cast this week.
  • I'm desperately trying to lose the rest of my "baby weight." It's been a long, slow road, but I'm getting there. Every time I'm at the gym I wonder why I let myself eat everything I did when I was pregnant. I'm not known for self-control when it comes to food, so that makes putting weight on incredibly easy and taking it off incredibly difficult.
  • Joel will be ONE next week!!!
  • This really should be a post in and of itself, but I have solved my laundry problem, I am no longer complaining about the loads and piles all over the house on here and facebook. I found someone (thru some moms at school) who washes and folds ALL of it. If you want details, e-mail me. This has seriously changed my life (for the last 2 weeks).
  • Ellie turned 7 a couple weeks ago and got a retainer. She is growing up!
  • We had a pair of doves nest on our front porch. They had 2 eggs and they hatched. They have since flown the coop, but we enjoyed every second of them being here. Wondering if mom and dad will be back or if they'll find a better place to set up their next nest.
  • I'm going to be in a friend's wedding in August in Oregon. I'm thrilled and motivated to keep going to the gym, but it does feel a little weird to be a bridesmaid again. I'm excited about our trip to Oregon, we've heard Portland is awesome!
  • I signed up for the Disney half-marathon in September with my friend Kathy. I signed up and there is no turning back. I haven't really started training yet, and I'm not sure how that's going to work with all the kids home this summer, but I do believe my body is strong and I'll endure.
  • I didn't get to plant a garden for the second year in a row and I'm a little sad about that. Not sure why, but before I knew it it was June and there are no tomatoes or zucchinis in the ground. I will definitely make this a goal for next year.
  • Summer is going to be pretty uneventful. The girls are signed up for vbs one week, and I hope to make a trip or two to the beach with the kiddos, but other than that we are going to sleep in, play in the sprinklers, eat outside, BBQ, take walks, stay up late, and swim as much as we can.

That's it for now....happy June!

3 comments:

Melissa Ens said...

It's never too late to plant zucchini!!! : ) That doesn't mean it's always a good idea, but at least around here, it's certainly not too late yet! But then again... there's always next year and maybe you have a neighbor who got some planted and will be searching for someone to share with... : ) Nice to see an update!

Natalie said...

So excited about your laundry fairy! I know that takes a load off...actually, several loads off, right? Loving y'all from afar! Owen has been asking to go to your house several times this week. :( Tell Joel Happy Birthday from June!

heather said...

I love that you blogged! Good girl! Even though I talk to you several times a day, it is always good to read your writing. Love you!