Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meal Planning in 2010

Happy 2010! In an attempt to be more organized and strategic I have been spending more time this year (I know it's only January) MEAL PLANNING. The links below have some great information on the topic of meal planning. I am trying to do my BIG grocery shopping twice a month, and I am trying to stay within a budget. I plan 4-5 meals each week, and I plan 2 weeks of meals at a time. I grocery shop in the evening without any kids, makes the trip actually halfway enjoyable(I usually grab Starbucks on the way) and I think I buy less crap cuz no one is trying to convince me they have to have pop tarts or gogurts. I've also found some really fun food blogs that have great, easy recipes that taste great! If you have some other great meal planning/food blog ideas can you share them with me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like such a good idea - to only shop that often and have it all planned out. Doing it weekly is wearing me out.
I don't have any other good ideas (I suck at this stuff) but I will sure have a look at those sites to try to get going for our family. Thanks!

anny said...

Laura, thanks for sharing those sites. I want to be better at menu planning, too. I did a one month cooking challenge for our family a couple years ago, where I cooked dinner every night for 30 days (almost) straight. It was exhausting. I have a food blog, but it's pretty lame:
http://ourfamilymeal.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice article with so many links related to food preparation. Thanks you for giving the information.

gallery802